Experience: 4+ Years
- Excellent knowledge of User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) and Information Architecture (IA) design principles. Strong knowledge of typography a plus.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and image editing tools like Adobe Photoshop/Fireworks/Illustrator.
- Strong knowledge of current web design trends and standards with a focus on optimizing user experiences through code and design.
- Exceptional visual talent that explains ideas and information flow with storyboards, mockups and wireframes.
- Ability to rapidly prototype wireframes and designs.
- Experience in designing web products at par with basecamp.com, twitter.com, mint.com, freshbooks.com, targetprocess.com, smashingmagazine.com
- Design and develop UI for the existing and new application to provide better user experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into our products.
- Leverage and define team development standards, patterns and design principles in daily activities.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and user experience during discovery, design and development.
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space.
- Work with Architecture role to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
Knowledge / Experience:
- 4+ years of IT related experience.
- Strong CSS skills with knowledge of cross browser quirks.
- Understanding of browser compatibility testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong design sense.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with a front-end MVC framework such as Backbone, Angular, etc.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
- Familiarity with Photoshop.
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix Environment.