Experience: 3+ Years
Skills: Native components, SQLite, Core Data, Multi Threading, Cocoa Touch, web services, UIKit, Core Loca on, Third Party Integra on, Push No fica ons.
- Acting as lead iOS developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other.
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort.
- Optimising performance for the apps.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Attend industry events/ conference both attending and presenting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Knowledge / Experience:
- BE, MCA, MS, MSc(CS/IT), or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of iOS development.
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store.
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Technical Skills -
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C.
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc) Familiar with xcode.
- Understanding of other compiled languages.
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience of development using web technologies.
- Experience building web and native apps.
- Experience using social media APIs.
- Integration using a 3rd party lib. and frameworks.
- Using version control (e.g. SVN).
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills.
Person specification -
- Proven commercial software development experience desktop and mobile.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles.
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products.
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision.
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills.
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
- Excellent testing/ QA skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally.